Thursday, May 10, 2012

She was the Sweetest Medley


I played again tonight on the corner, and the same woman was there, she had on a different colored coat, but she still looked quite attractive, yet equally as bundled. She breathed an air of familiarity, but I couldn’t put a finger on it.
Me and Jeremiah sang Soul last night. We were both pained. I had lost the one I wanted the most, for no fault of my own. Maybe it wasn’t supposed to be.
Later that night we began to improve some blues. Jeremiah’s legs got a kicken, and he started hootn and hollern on the guitar. This was his shit. I sang a refrain I freestyled.

“Oh my woman, she done left me
I swear she was the sweetest medley,
Yea my woman, she done left me
I swear she was the sweetest medley.
The burdens heavy, my sweet medley
I didn’t do nothing, how could she forget me
Burden oh so heavy, my sweet Nicole
Baby doll, don’t forget me”

I looked up into the audience, and there was only the woman standing there leaning against the side of the building with us. She wiped under her sunglasses swiftly, noticing I was looking at her. Again she put something in her pocket and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment