Thursday, May 10, 2012

Clownin


Jessie woke me up this morning, what a fucking great surprise. He called and said he had his first day off in months, and wanted to do nothing but chill with his homie all day, Sounds good to me. I was in the bathroom when I heard Jessie walk in. I really wanted a Burrito.
“You hungry Jessie?” I yelled while still in the bathroom.
“Yea, I could use some grub, whatchu thinkin?”
“Lets go get burritos, Annas, shits good.” I splashed my face real quick, and walked out
Smack! Right in the chest I was nailed with some hard metal object. It was light, it was small, and it had some sort of black remote device on it. After wiping the sleep out of my eyes, and realizing Jessie just threw a new set of car keys at me, with a big old Mercedes logo on it.
“Oh look at this new benz, Jessie hustling to no end, tryna to impress his friend, I hope this key aint pretend, or else you aint smoking my blend”
“Damn Steezy ster, or should I call you sir, maybe ill call you her, Did I just hear your pussy purr?”
“Hah, straight clownin Jessie”
Damn it was good to see this kid again. We left to get some burritos, and each lit our own blunt up for the cruise. I was joking with him about his new car, he got a new Mercedes G wagon, it’s a fucking massive SuV.
“Jessie, how do you fill this bitch up, it just eat other cars or what?”
“Hah hell no, I spend more to fill this bitch up than Joan Rivers does on plastic surgery.”
We rolled down the windows, let the car air out and got some burritos. Over lunch we talked about the studio. Jessie said they been making some shit recently, but still isn’t the same without me. He also said there hasn’t even been a discussion of me yet. I guess they want me to step up, but how? Whatever, I was enjoying the day with my friend. I told him about Nicole, he gave me full support.
Later that night me and Jessie were out getting drinks, I had a sudden stroke of genius. We got into the car, and went home, I didn’t explain to Jessie at all. I went home grabbed my spare keyboard, and told Jessie to drive to the corner of Boylston and Tremont. I was going to show him my dirty secret, how I get by without the studio. We pulled up and Jessie was sketched, but then I rolled down the window and let his sound seep into the car. Jessie was like me, and the homeless man, Jeremiah, no words needed to be said, true musicians let the music talk. We got out and jammed all night. I sang myself hoarse, and Jessie played his fingers numb, I wasn’t sure if the old soul had an nerve endings in his hands, because he just kept strumming, even when we were shooting the shit, just strumming away, music leaking from his soul. I bought Jeremiah a meal just because, I know he does fine to eat with his music, but I like to help.  Great fucking day, good to see some friends Sterling out Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment