Thursday, May 10, 2012

Redness in the Cheeks


Well, that was an interesting day. I woke up early for my meeting with Nicole, and for the first time in a long time, I felt nervous around a woman. I mean, if I was sitting next to her at work all day, I think id be fired hella fast, cause I wouldn’t be able to get a god damn thing done, She looks like a goddess.  Its like trying to tell a dog not to eat a piece of meat that’s on the floor, right in front of its face, he’ll just look at you like why? Then wait until you look away for a split second and poof, back at it.
            She had her hair done up, it was black, and extended halfway down her back, I complemented her on it, and asked if she always put in that effort, and she said only for special occasions. So obviously the next thing I said was “well thank you for the honor Mrs. Spores”, she smiled and laughed for a second and replied “Haha, thanks for the kind words, but sadly I am going to jail to interview one of the former Massachusetts senators who recently got convicted, don’t mean to rain on your parade, but you better get an umbrella.” She said it in such a matter of fact tone, I liked it. She was official, sexy, strong smooth. The smile she cracked when she finished talking, was devilish. “Oh I see, you get dressed up for old coots in orange suits, that’s what your into huh? Well I hate to rain on your parade, but sadly all hes gonna be into now is smuggled playboys and showertime, so unless your droppin the soap sometime soon, you can go grab the Umbrella out of my car”
“Dropping the soap?” she asked
“Ohhhh, shit, how do I explain this…” I thought to myself as I scratched the back of my neck. There were a few seconds of silence, I could feel her looking at me, I was tyring to think of what to say, did she really not know? but I caught a glimpse of her eyes, her beautiful, cool icy eyes, and my mind froze in them…
“HAH! See what I did there Mr. Jones, I made you blush. trust me I’ve been in more prisons than you have, if only dropping the soap was all that happened.” She was right I could feel it my face was hot, this hasn’t happened since middle school.
“I can’t blush, don’t be a fool, you see my skin?”
“Black men can’t blush Mr. Jones, really? Come on, and I thought you graduated college” She stood and gave my face a good look, as I did hers
“Yep definite redness of cheeks, your skin isn’t dark enough to hide it Mr. Jones” She reached across her desk, leaned, and touched my right cheek with the backside of her hand. It smelled like fresh newspaper, and hazelnut coffee, a surprisingly comforting smell, it was early in the morning after all. Her skin was soft, and a light olive shade. Both of us seemed to get lost for a second, but then a snap back to reality, the strand of her black bangs she kept tucked behind her ear gently slipped out and wafted down. That was all it took, we both made some awkward throat clearings, then I looked up. I noticed she was blushing
“Look at your ch…” I was cut off by her clearing her throat, she had known what I was going to say, she could sense it, I could tell this hasn’t happened to her in a while as well, she was also blushing and also flustered.
“SO, Mr. Jones, I thought you came here with an agenda today?” Ok I got it business time, she does have to remain professional, and I did want her to tell me a few things. Overall, I can’t stop thinking about her. Shes beautiful, smart, strong, dedicated. I feel like it went well, at least the her portion, the business portion left me frustrated, essentially what I gathered is she can tell me nothing on the source except what he said. But its ok, for now, I don’t mind at all for some reason. Sterling out, Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment