Thursday, May 10, 2012

Old School Studio


 I visited an old friend the other night. Sadly it wasn’t Nicole, but it was however the homeless man on the corner of Boylston and Tremont.
I couldn’t resist, I was coming off the T from going out to grab some Chinese takeout when I heard it again, the tired soul, singing, crooning, and strumming his guitar. This time, he was playing a classic,
“Whatll you do when you get lonely
And nobodys waiting by your side?
You’ve been running and hiding much too long
You know its just your foolish pride” he swooned

The chance was too perfect, and for some reason I couldn’t help it.
“LAYYYYLA!
You’ve got me on my knees,
Layla,
Im begging, Darlin please,
Layla,
Darling won’t you ease my troubled mind?”

I sat on that corner all night and sang, we ate my Chinese food together when we were hungry, and I went and got a bottle of JD for the night, I also learned my friends name is Jeremiah. We made a killing off passerbys that night, many folks stopped to listen and tap their feet. It was my new studio, and it felt really fucking good too, really good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment