Thursday, May 10, 2012

Date Devine


Last night was one hell of a night. I really do think that, well Im not sure yet, and I don’t wana be no sucker, but, I think im falling for Nicole. I met her, at 8PM sharp last night at the restaurant, it was raining so I brought in my Umbrella, also to make a few more practical jokes. I saw her waiting under the awning avoiding the rain at all costs, she still looked sexy, even in a raincoat with rubber boots and all.
“Hey Nic, good to see you again”
“Hi Ster!”
 “So Whats the deal? What did you need? A gun or something? U need me to get some people to beat the shit out of someone?”
“Well, actually, I was thinking we should go to dinner, you are the first one to make me blush in a while you know, although you could try to beat me up?”
“Well I hate to rain on your parade, but… id kick your ass” I gestured out the umbrella to her, but she took the arm holding it instead.
“I thought you’d know better than to make a lady hold the umbrella.” I smiled when she said this, in her sassy yet affectionate manner.
“I thought you’d know better than to get rained on” I said jokingly.
“Oh so were being wise asses now are we? What am I paying for dinner now too?”
I quickly did a touch inspection of my pocket where my wallet was, but it wasn’t there, what the fuck, I could’ve sworn it was there. But, pockets were empty, stupid, stupid sterling.
“So about you paying for dinner…” I could feel it again, I was blushing, she could tell I was serious. But for some reason she was smiling.
“There it is again, you know to be honest, I just like seeing you blush” She flicked me my wallet from her possession. I was baffled “Oh, were you looking for that?
“How did yo..”
“Ive learned a few tricks from the trade, we have to be creative when we want to get the whole story. Oh, and don’t ever think you can kick my ass, itll be the last thing you do.”
Damn she was sexy, I mean, not only does she make a killing as a leading journalist for the globe, But she could support herself off of stealing shit too! I had a grand in my damn wallet. I paused for a second as she walked into the restaurant ahead of me, her hips swinging in ways they weren’t the day before.
The date went so smooth, I couldn’t remember one moment that I didn’t enjoy, I hope she feels the same I felt like I made her laugh and kept her interested but who know. After the restaurant, we went to grab some drinks at Ned Devines, a local bar. It has three different sort of venues within the place, an Irish bar, a lounging area, then a stage for performances. We walked in and began at the lounge, now heres where the night really got exciting. Out of nowhere I see Jessie, sitting and talking to a rather good looking woman. We make eye contact, and he gives me a head nod. I backed off, he was doing work. I got some drinks and went and found Nicole who was sitting at a table. Jessie noticed us sitting, and joined us with his new acquaintance.
The drinks were flowing, and later into the night, I won’t deny it, I got a little sloppy. Everyone was having a good time getting a little rowdy, until we heard our names announced on the speakers.
“Everyone give it up for STERLING JONES AND JESSIE JAMES!”
The bar does shows on weekends and Jessie’s epitome of dumb blonde acquaintance just so happened to sign us up to give an impromptu performance. She was standing on stage waving at him next to the Emcee.
“Someone kick that bitch off stage” Jessie said to me
“Nah, c’mon Jess, lets just pretend it’s the corner of Boylston and Tremont, lets whip out some shit we never done before.” And just like that the music took over. I don’t remember the rest of the night, just waking up in the morning, hung over as shit with a note from Nicole. It read,
“Morning, took you home last night after your show, you did great we should do it again sometime very soon. Bring gum next time!”
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment